"Energy is the real substance behind the appearance of matter and forms." Dr. Randolph Stone
What is Polarity Therapy?
Polarity Therapy is a gentle form of bodywork and energywork rooted in the Ayurvedic tradition that enhances the flow of lifeforce energy. It was developed by Dr. Randolph Stone, DO, DC, ND (1890-1981), who conducted a thorough investigation of energy in the healing arts over the course of his 60-year medical career.
Polarity Therapy is based on Ayurvedic medicine from India which views pain and disease as first arising in the "energetic anatomy". In Ayurveda's view, just as we have physical systems (nerves, organs, blood vessels, muscles, bones), we also have energetic systems through which our vital lifeforce flows.
One of the main goals of Polarity Therapy is to create flow in the body and mind. Sometimes, due to stress, trauma, injuries or emotional issues our lifeforce becomes stuck or blocked. When this occurs, pain, disease or discomfort move from the energy systems into physical form - a backache, digestive problems, headaches, stress, anxiety, etc. If you can resolve the pain at the energetic level, many times it does not move into the denser, physical body.
Polarity Therapy activates the part of the nervous system responsible for healing, balances the five elements of ether, air, fire, water and earth, and clears the chakras and the aura.
Through Polarity Therapy techniques which include acupressure, reflexology, gentle compression, stretching, rocking and stimulation of specific points on your body, this stuck energy starts to flow. This moves you back into balance and to a place where your body's natural healing abilities are activated.
Benefits of Polarity Therapy
• Connect with your Divine Essence
• Manage physical pain & disease
• New insight and understanding of self
• Deep relaxation, clarity & focus
• Greater ease in accomplishing goals
• Ability to move forward in your life
• Release of negative habits & emotions
• Stress management, anxiety relief
• Recovery from injuries and traumas
• Relief from headaches, back issues, digestive issues, muscle tension
What to Expect in a Session
• You will be asked to wear loose, comfortable clothing and remove jewelry
• The practitioner will do an assessment to determine what is required during the session
• The practitioner will utilize a variety of energy holds, gentle rocking, compression, acupressure points, and stretching to release energy patterns
• The practitioner may recommend dietary changes, yoga, meditation, or other suggestions to help you reach your health goals
• A session is 75 minutes or 90 minutes
What Clients Say After Polarity Therapy
“I have more energy”
“My stomach ache went away”
"I understand myself better."
"That was profound."
"I feel more like myself."
"I feel lighter."